Monday, July 8, 2013

Whataburger's Pancakes. Yes, They're Good.





August 2020 UPDATE

Whataburger continues to produce their hamburgers more or less the old-fashioned way: on a grill, to order. And unlike McDonald's, their pancakes are the same, not pre-cooked and steamed but grilled to order. It takes longer, is more labor intensive, and is more expensive because of the prior two points. But in my opinion their breakfast is a much better buy than McDonald's, Wendy's, Chik-Fil-A or any other fast food franchise. They recently sold the company so that they would have the cash to expand. I hope they keep the original strategy.

For now, if you're going out for fast food pancakes, breakfast burritos, etc, in my opinion Whataburger is best.

----------------------------------------------

Original post:

Bear with me here.

I have now posted two fast food posts in a row, sorry, it just happened that way.

I took a few of my grandchildren to Whataburger for pancakes today. We usually go to McDonald's but we thought we'd try WB. I was shocked. Three large, fresh-poured on the skillet, served-hot pancakes with syrup, real butter and two slices of bacon: $4.00.

And this picture from the Whatburger website doesn't do them justice because they're not that pretty. They're imperfectly formed like the home-made kind the way they ought to be.

They tasted good, too.

.

No comments: