Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saint- Emilion. Going Back Soon.

Posted by F&FW reviewer, Rebecca J.S.

On Monday, we enjoyed an excellent dinner at a longtime Fort Worth favorite: Saint-Emilion.

The Saint-Emilion restaurant is a quaint cottage on 7th Street near Montgomery with about 15 tables. After my husband Brinton and I were seated, we were met at our table by a very knowledgeable somelier who suggested a French Bordeaux by the glass. Good choice. Once we had received our wine our waitress came with a board of house specialties and our menus. The Saint-Emilion menu is a fixed price menu: $43.95 per person for 4 courses, and $23.95 per person for a single course meal. We chose the four-course. Another good choice.

I started with a wonderful smoked salmon appetizer, Brinton ordered the avocado and crab meat plate. The salads were next, served cold and fresh with goat cheese and walnuts and were excellent. For an entree, I had the butterfish with lobster cream sauce and he had the Filet of Beef au Poivre. Both were oustanding! The beef was so tender you could cut it with a fork -- and it was cooked perfectly. My butterfish was very fresh, tender and delicious.

For dessert I had pre-ordered the "melting cake," a chocolate cake that is melting in the middle. Brinton had the homemade pumpkin swirl cheesecake. Both were out of this world. I overheard the waitress say to another guest that the desserts were made by the same lady who is now making desserts for Grace Restaurant.

It was a fabulous dining experience and one we will repeat again as soon as we can. So I rate it: Going Back Soon.

Saint Emilion
3617 W 7th St
Fort Worth, TX 76107
(817) 737-2781

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Putting this on my list for when I get my bonus next spring. Will share this review with my foodie friend, Brother Sushi, and with Trainman, also a foodie.

Francis Shivone said...

Thanks Lynn, my daughter, who is an excellent cook and judge of good food, wrote this post.