Monday, September 6, 2010

Five Guys Hamburgers, Fort Worth, on Hulen.

I'll make this quick.

I had already eaten lunch, so when my son called and said, "Want to go to the new Five Guys?" I hesitated, but decided to go for the conversation and to see the place. I've been to Five Guys many times in other cities and wanted to see how ours compared.

It was about 1:15 p.m. when we arrived and I figured it would be somewhat cleared out. Wrong. It was packed. About 100 people, but almost everyone was seated, either eating or waiting for their burger. Our wait was about 10 - 15 minutes before he got his burger. They had the staff to service the crowd.

Now, Fort Worth has many good burger places: Fred's, M&O, Kinkaid's, Love's, Blue Tower . . . who am I missing? No, I'm not adding Dutch's or Papa's. We will have a Smashburger soon, and rumors keep floating about In-N-Out.

In my opinion, Five Guys ranks with the best, and their boardwalk fries, when they are just out of the fryer, are fantastic. Plus, they have vinegar as well as ketchup for the fries.

Five Guys
4833 S. Hulen Street
Fort Worth, TX 76132

Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

Share:

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Good to know; will check them out! I keep looking for our alleged new Smashburger, but in vain. Thankfully, family and knitting both take me to Arlington often enough to indulge.