Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yogurtland. Montgomery Plaza. Perfect frozen yogurt.

Marian's been out of town this week so I've been going out in the evening for an ice cream or frozen yogurt -- and most nights I've been going to Yogurtland at Montgomery Plaza on 7th Street.

I can't say one of the frozen yogurt places is better than another -- Yogurtland, Yogolait, Menchies, Pinkberry, Frogberry -- they're all good. But I do like self-serve, which Yogurtland has. Yogurtland serves about ten flavors of frozen yogurt and plenty of fresh fruit toppings. I always choose the tart-plain flavor because I like the contrast with the sweet fruit toppings. I also add a few crushed walnuts for crunch.

I like the buzz of the Montgomery Plaza, at least in the drive-through area, and Yogurtland is a good addition.

I never would have dreamed that I would choose this new frozen yogurt over old fashioned ice cream, but I have and I will.

Unless I'm at the beach.

Yogurtland link.

.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Jake and I also had a good experience. Do you happen to know if it is a chain?

Francis Shivone said...

Becca -- It is a national chain. For fun I looked at their franchise details last night. Not expensive but I always think about how many yogurts you have to sell just to get at break-even.