Friday, April 23, 2010

Freda's. Coffee. Breakfast. Lunch.

In a recent post,  Eat This Fort Worth annouced that a new coffee shop had opened at the old Art Gallery, so I stopped by this morning. The newly opened Freda's Place is serving coffee as well as breakfast and lunch. The menu includes breakfast plates and sandwiches, as well as soups, salads, sandwiches and daily hot plate specials for lunch. Freda's also serves a grilled-after-you-order hamburger. I thought I saw an Aduro Bean coffee bag on the counter, either way, I had the dark roast coffee this morning and it was excellent.

We now have three, count 'em, three, independent coffee shops in the downtown area.

Freda's Place is on Jennings, just south of downtown. Good luck to all involved.

Freda’s
609 S. Jennings
Fort Worth, Texas

5 comments:

you said...

man i wish that some of these local coffee houses would drive to around the TCU area... i live in the tanglewood neighborhood and would love nothing more than to hang out at a place not starting with S and ending in BUCKS to read and drink some coffee on a nice day

Doug said...

I ride past this shop on my daily commute and my son always asks to stop in. We did when it was Gallery Art Cafe and now we'll check out Freda's, too. Just have to leave a little earlier...

Doohickie said...

Sweet!!! I'd wanted to go to the Cafe while it was still there and was sad when it closed. This will be a breakfast ride someday soon.

Lizzie said...

We went on a Saturday morning a few weeks ago. Our big crew of kids and and my Mom, Aunts and Grandmother. We were the only ones in there but it was late in the morning and the day before Easter. Anyway, The food was very reasonably priced and huge portions. I got a breakfast plate and split it with a couple kids. I will definitely go back. Maybe without the circus of children...

:)

Francis Shivone said...

Liz -- Glad to hear it. I actually had a peek into the kitchen and they had real and thick bacon. . . and other goodies. It looked good.