Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Old Rip's Mexican Restaurant

My son and I were going to have lunch at Fuzzy's today, but as we were walking across Berry from the College of St Thomas More we noticed a restaurant just behind Fuzzy's named, Old Rip's Mexican Restaurant. It looked good. So we stopped in. I won't put Old Rip's in the "great" Mexican category but it was pretty good. The service was good, and the salsa was thick and spicy-hot the way I like it. And retired Speaker of the House, Jim Wright was dining there when we arrived. A few years ago, the third most powerful man in the United States. Eating right there at Old Rip's. Made my day -- and I'm not even a Democrat.

3105 Cockrell Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76109

www.oldripsfw.com

(Almost forgot -- I promised the folks over at Chipotle that I would mention the new store opening in south Arlington at 5001 S. Cooper (just south of I20). Wednesday, December 9.  Tell them I sent you and maybe they'll give you a free burrito or something, or maybe they'll kick you out, I'm not sure. But they do have some free t-shirts and drawings.)

3 comments:

Rachel Ramsey and Raul Alanis said...

We love hearing about new Mexican Restaurants to try. Definitely have to give this one a go.
restaurantreviewers.wordpress.com

Francis Shivone said...

R & R -- thanks and I visited the blog. Well done.

RJG said...

Sounds like my kind of joint!