Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas, 2008

Mountain Field
by Nancy Merkle
http://small-impressions.blogspot.com/

1. Lo, how a Rose e’er blooming from tender stem hath sprung,
of Jesse’s lineage coming, as men of old have sung.
It came, a flow’ret bright, amid the cold of winter,
when half-spent was the night.

4. This flow’r, whose fragrance tender with sweetness fills the air,
dispels with glorious splendor the darkness ev’rywhere.
True man, yet very God; from sin and death he saves us
and lightens ev’ry load.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely carol; I could hear the music running in the back of my head as I read the lyrics.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

[Who's the artist? That picture makes me a little homesick for Idaho.]

Francis Shivone said...

You are close. I believe the artist resides and works from Washington.

And i usually put a link to her site but got in a hurry last night after midnight mass.