Thursday, August 7, 2008

Katy, Bar the Door . . .




Next to Christmas, Hatch Chile season is my favorite time of the year for good food. And it's coming to a Fort Worth Central Market near you. Actually, as a promotional campaign, the Hatch chile promotion is so successful at Central Market I have noticed other groceries doing the same.

A bit of explanation. A true Hatch chile is from the Hatch, New Mexico area and they insist that their traditional Mexican chile has a distinctive quality. I agree. If you have facts to prove otherwise I don't care. They sell them in 4 varieties from mild to very hot. And I love them.

That disclaimer out of the way, I think the Central Market Hatch chili sausage is about the best thing in the world wrapped in a fresh flour tortilla. Don't take my word for it, try samples free at Central Market on August 22-24 & 29-31.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO THERE! Good thing I live down the block from Central Market, I can make multiple trips!