Thursday, April 10, 2008

What's Wrong with Republicans

Sandy Huffaker / www.caglecartoons.com

I'm not an economist. I'm not even good with money. Apparently, I'm not alone.

What bothers me is the double-standard the Republican party takes with fiscal responsibility. We (I am a Republican) preach a message that a man has to stand on his own two feet, take responsibility for his actions, and learn to live with consequences. Then when things get bad for someone who should know better, like an investment firm, we decide it is in the best interest of the country to keep them from taking responsibility for their actions. I don't care if we bail out Bear Stearns or anyone else if it helps, but go easy on the little guy next time he acts up a little or needs a little help.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I agree. There really is no substantial difference between the two parties anymore: they are differences in quantity not quality.