Sunday, December 30, 2007

17 Ways To Get Free Books

Every once in a while you stumble upon a website that has interesting and helpful information in a easy to read package. I think The Frugal Panda is one of those sites. What first caught my attention was their headline advertisement (see my headline above) . It has all the basic components of piquing curiosity:
  • everyone stops at the word "free". It doesn't have to be at the front of the sentence. You still see it and stop.
  • men like lists, and "17 ways" incites list curiosity.
  • the word "books" shows that it's not just a tease to attract me to the site. If I like books, I am interested, if I don't, I move on. You could change the word to "furniture" or anything else and the people interested will continue. But, "17 Ways to Free . . ." doesn't work for me because it is not specific enough, especially for internet advertising.
But as important as the headline, the site delivered as promised. At first glance and in the detail. Here's the link:

17-ways-to-get-free-books

What do you think?

No comments: